Sigma Pi fraternity blamed for party prop accident
A Harris County man is suing over claims he was seriously injured while visiting a West U fraternity house.
John Hanna filed a lawsuit on Aug. 30 in Harris County District Court against Sigma Pi Fraternity International and Theta Nu Chapter of the Sigma Pi Fraternity, citing negligence and negligence per se.
Hanna says that on May 20, 2009, he sustained serious injuries when he fell from a dangerous party prop at the house of the Theta Nu Chapter of the Sigma Pi Fraternity, located at 5019 Calhoun Road in West U.
The defendants are responsible for Hanna’s injuries because they failed to maintain a safe place for guests, according to the brief.
Hanna is seeking damages and court costs. He is being represented in the case by Houston attorney Nick Maram.
Harris County District Court Case No. 2011-51893.
This is a report on a civil lawsuit filed at the Harris County Courthouse. The details in this report come from an original complaint filed by a plaintiff. Please note, a complaint represents an accusation by a private individual, not the government. It is not an indication of guilt, and it only represents one side of the story.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 5
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 4
- City presents seven with Star Citizen award
Local Advertising by PaperG