Young Women's College Preparatory Academy offers computer symposium
The Houston Independent School District hosted a computer programming symposium Saturday, Nov. 17 at Young Women's College Preparatory Academy.
According to a press release from the district, more than 200 students in grades three to eight, teachers and parents attended the Schlumberger Log-in Symposium, which provided attendees with free access to computer programming and robotics software, equipment, training and other resources.
The event also offered informational seminars about education opportunities in the computer programming and technology fields.
Paula Harris, a Houston ISD trustee, said the event was intended to encourage students to be more interactive with technology. "It's important to teach our children to be creators of technology and not just users of technology," Harris said in the release.
For more information about the Houston ISD, visit www.houstonisd.org.
For more information about the Young Women's College Preparatory Academy, 1906 Cleburne St., Houston, visit http://schools.houstonisd.org/YWCPA.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 5
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 4
- City presents seven with Star Citizen award
Local Advertising by PaperG