Westbury Christian alum named Horizon League men's basketball Newcomer of the Week
Devon Turk, onetime basketball star at Westbury Christian Academy, is now making a name for himself at Loyola University Chicago.
According to a story on Loyola's athletics page, the 6-foot-4 freshman guard scored 21 points in a recent game against Mississippi State, with 18 of those points coming in the first 20 minutes of the game. Also in that game, he delivered three assists, made three blocks and grabbed two rebounds and two steals.
Turk has been playing exceptionally well in his last three games, the story noted, with his points per game average at 16.7 and his three-point shooting at 63 percent.
Turk's Newcomer of the Week award was shared by Valparaiso University's LaVonte Dority.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston ISD Elementary School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston ISD Middle School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Elementary School's breakfast menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG