Lamar grad Bonney contributes to Elon victory
Houston Lamar High School graduate Josh Bonney scored four points as Elon University won 68-61 over conference rival Wofford College Saturday, Jan. 19, at Alumni Gym in Elon, N.C., the team's website reported.
The Elon University senior guard also recorded one rebound and an assist for the Phoenix, who improved to 11-7 on the season and 4-2 in conference.
Bonney played high school basketball at Lamar for coach Dennis Gillespie from 2004-2008. He was a first-team all-district, all-city and All-Region III honoree while also being chosen to play in the 2008 HABCA All-Star game. Bonney also led Lamar to the 5-A State Championship Regional Semifinal. He is the son of Jerry (former Parade All-American) and Rose Bonney.
For more information, visit www.elonphoenix.com.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston ISD Elementary School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Middle School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Elementary School's breakfast menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG