Lamar grad Bonney contributes to Elon victory
Houston Lamar High School graduate Josh Bonney scored four points for Elon University in its 61-58 home win over conference rival Appalachian State University on Thursday, Feb. 14 at Alumni Gym in Elon, N.C., the team's website reported.
The senior guard also recorded one rebound, two assists and a steal for the Phoenix, who improved to 17-8 on the season and 10-3 in the Southern Conference.
Elon's next game is 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16 at home against Western Carolina University.
Bonney played high school basketball at Lamar for coach Dennis Gillespie from 2004-2008. He was a first-team all-district, all-city and All-Region III honoree while also being chosen to play in the 2008 HABCA All-Star game. Bonney also led Lamar to the 5-A State Championship Regional Semifinal. He is the son of Jerry (former Parade All-American) and Rose Bonney.
For more information, visit www.elonphoenix.com.
- Texas Medical Center announces energy-generating shoe
- West University Place Zoning Board of Adjustment to meet May 16
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church to hold grand opening for trade store
- Houston Police Department collision call log for March 31
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 23
Local Advertising by PaperG